When I’m walking down the street, sometimes certain people catch my eye. Not in a romantic way, but in a “I feel like we know each other” way.
It’s seeing someone and feeling like you know each other. I see inspiration in absolutely everyone. I see people and wonder if we have a piece of each other. If we could build each other up. I wonder if we really knew each other, we could create something. Something beautiful and bigger than the human mind could ever comprehend. Something so far beyond what our hands could make. We could create ideas. We could vaguely outline what we think could be. We might aimlessly walk towards the future together. We might create unforgettable memories one day. We might fall in love. We might be best friends. We might hate each other. We might be exact opposites. It’s all about what might be. I look at the possibility in every person I meet.
I see so much in everyone I walk past on the street. I wonder about their life. I wonder about their sorrow. I wonder if they have children. I wonder if they’ve ever been in love. I wonder if they believe in forever. I wonder if they notice me, too.
Every single person I know or don’t know fills me with wonder and the possibility of what might be.
The terrible thing is, is that as I build them, I’m only setting myself up for dissapointment.
Even if everything I imagined was possible, no one wants to work to reach pointless goals in life just to see what might be. At least, that’s how it seems. Like no one wants to test the possibilities.
Am I the only one who wants to see what you and I are capable of?
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment