"Let me not be desperate and throw away my honor for want of solace; let me not hide in drinking and lacerating myself on strange men; let me not be weak and tell others how bleeding i am internally; how day by day by day it drips and gathers, and congeals. i am still young." -Sylvia Plath
In a pool of melted butter I saw the cows the bread veganism
ReplyDeleteLike the anthropocentrist
that bred cows that bred vegetarianism
that bred rowdy teenagers
that bred hunger and anorexia
that didn't want to eat from a pool of melted butter I saw
high school debaters clamoring wildly in fast paced read offs
about detention of animals in zoo's and in zoo's they don't have cows
they have oxen who swim in a pool of melted butter that was modified GMO's from small yellow containers bought at trader joes and on the ground there was a pool of melted butter I saw an Indie Rocker rocking to the beat of his moms hand and dad's potato vodka breath; (breath) control over this meant control over decisions meant control over weight meant control over whether or not you ate from a pool of melted butter I saw bulimic boys basking bravely in butter melted by the super nova melting ice caps that look like a pool of melted butter I saw the loss of a friend to fiery weeds that melted butter into a pool I saw future, the crystal ball of past, self sacrifice for the sake of butter melted like bodies plastered over glass craters, the geological matter formerly known as sand, where bombs had once landed, but SHHHHHHHHH! We don't talk about that, we just call it beach glass in this pool of melted butter I saw the white man with guns stringing bodies like a good lynching, all of this on the black sands of Talofofo where gun shots echoed louder then blessings even though they were supposed to be ring sharper then the swords that resembled crosses on which Christ hung in a pool of melted butter I saw "Chamorro Language lessons" from google in this pool of melted butter I saw winter fall and spring into a melted pool of butter because even winter has to fall into a pool of melted butter I saw a race poem that wasn't a race poem because a race poem is "A Race Poem," in a pool of melted butter I saw useless punctuation change the meaning of in a pool, of melted butter I saw God masturbating to his own powers for 6 days because even God had to rest in a pool of melted butter, but when he was done – OF COURSE, at first, there was a solid but it had eventually melted into a pool of melted butter I saw the Kyoto protocol collapse like The Minneapolis Bridge into a pool of melted butter I saw poets stealing lines from team road dome to make writing prompts cause they wanted to write butter lines and they did until they melted on the page into a pool of melted butter we aren't together because we're lost in a pool of melted butter which gets harder and harder to navigate because our fat levels are rising like the 7 billion people on earth without water only a pool of melted butter I saw a pool of melted butter I saw a pool of melted butter I saw
Us, the earth melting into a pool of melted butter