People are so weird. One day, out of nowhere, they figure they feel something for somebody, and off they go.
I have to remind myself to one of the few lines that my dad repeated to me. He always said: “You cannot trust people. They go to sleep, wake up the next morning, and they change their minds. It’s not that they didn’t mean what they said the night before -they did mean it, but they’ve changed their minds since, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”
I find it terrifying that people change. I find it terrifying that I change. And I suppose the most frightening aspect of change is that it allows both improvement and decline, and you can only tell which one was happening at the time from hindsight -if you can ever tell, at all. Because most changes are subtle, and you cannot even tell while they are happening and even after they are complete, they leave you nothing but the bare fact that the changes came and conquered something. There is no use in trying to fight them or in trying to revert them.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment